Our comfortable little lives tend to distance us from the atrocities that are happening every day in the world. Most of us carry our days without thinking much about what other people might be going through. Occasionally, we might stand up for a cause, give a little donation, do a little good and help someone in need. And don’t get us wrong, that is great. But have we ever stopped and really thought about what’s going on in this very moment around the world? Here’s a few facts that might shock you. We don’t promise that what you’re about to read will keep you comfortable, but we just hope that it will spark a little something within you.
While you are reading this,
– 827.5 million people around the world are starving and don’t have enough food to live a healthy life.
– 300,000 children are battling cancer yearly.
– 849.8 million people are thirsty and lack access to clean drinkable water and sanitation.
– 263 million children worldwide are out of school and do not have an education.
– 65 million people are separated from their families and displaced from their homes due to wars.
– 40 million humans around the world are living as modern slaves.
– 100 million people are literally homeless and don’t have a roof over their heads.
– 3.5 billion people still do not have access to the internet.
Now you can pretend you didn’t read that and carry on with your day as usual, or you can do something about it. Just because something is happening far away from us, doesn’t mean that it’s not happening at all and that we can’t do anything to change it. Those statistics are simply unacceptable in today’s world and it is up to us to make a difference and take a step towards a better world for the sake of humanity. All it takes is to have a Dulce heart and spread it as far as possible until we can all live in a complete world one day.